Monday, October 19, 2009

PLN on Twitter

So, I have been tasked with setting up a Personal Learning Network on Twitter. Throughout the week, I have added several individuals to the group that I am following and have checked in on a daily basis to see what they have posted. The individuals include a variety of experts in the Web Design industry, and other technology areas. So far, so good. It is sometimes frustrating to separate the meaningful posts from the useless dribble. I have already picked up a few tips and links that I have passed along to students in my classes. I certainly see value it this, however, getting used to devoting time to searching through the tweats in my PLN proves to be somewhat time-consuming.

2 comments:

  1. I think the amount of time I've devoted to Twitter daily has increased proportionally with the quality content I've found. I did and continue to weed out those people whose tweets I found to be "useless dribble," so that I never feel like I'm wasting my time. My problem now is limiting my time on Twitter. Delicious has helped me store information for future reference when I have more time to read or when I need specific information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know whay you mean by the challenge of separating the useless dribble from the useful info. My one twitter follow has dozens of new posys each day only about 10% of which I find useful. Is there a spot to delete twitter posts? I can't seem to find one.
    Bruce

    ReplyDelete