Thursday, October 22, 2009

Social Media Final Project

For my final project, I have started three separate, but very closely related, initiatives. I have created a blog web site, Twitter account, and Facebook group to support the E-Business program at MATC. These are all at a very early stage and are not ready for students to view. They will always be a work-in-progress, but I would like to progress a bit more before going public with them.


BLOG WEB SITE
I have created a blog-style web site for the MATC E-Business program (which is actually currently the eCommerce/Web Administration program). I decided to use WordPress as the blogging software, since I can install that on a web server locally and use an actual domain name. I have purchased the domain name: www.MATCeBusiness.com. I plan to use this web site as a means of providing up-to-date information to current and prospective students.

TWITTER
I have created a new Twitter account @MATCeBiz to be used to provide up-to-date information for students in the MATC E-Business program (which is actually currently the eCommerce/Web Administration program). I plan to use a scheduler software package to write my tweats ahead of time for publishing at specific time intervals, to provide regular updates.

FACEBOOK
I have created a Facebook group called MATC E-Business Program to be used to provide up-to-date information for students in the MATC E-Business program (which is actually currently the eCommerce/Web Administration program). This will allow those students to become a member of the group to help establish a sense of community - hopefully bringing them closer together. It will also be used to spread information about program-related events.

1 comment:

  1. In the past I WAS the smart kid, but I find myself slowing down and now have to sit next to the smart kid. Thanks, Jonathan, for your vitality and insights.

    ReplyDelete